It's a Redhead Thing

You wouldn't understand....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Monday, October 16, 2006

Favorite Childhood Memory

I blatently admit that I stole this idea from Jenn (http://jennlynnpei.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!3038F2845815F0C9!1066.entry?_c=BlogPart) but it's a good idea so the theft is justified. (Actually, it's not theft...it's recycling)

She was asking if someone asked you what your favorite childhood memories were, what would they be? Now, if you had a happy childhood (like me), then this should be an easy exercise. My problem is narrowing the list down.

So, here's my short list in no particular order:
  • Playing dinky cars in front of the trailer at the lake with Amber, Mark, Mike and a slew of neighbourhood kids. We had entire countries mapped out, complete with swimming pools, stores, malls, etc. We should have been architects.
  • Raft wars at the lake. (Ok, I was a teenager when these wars took place but they are memorable and happy)
  • Playing Nintendo (Mario Bros, Battle City, Circus, Galaga, etc) with Amber on Friday nights and eating LOTS of cinnamon toast while doing it.
  • I vaguely remember going snow mobiling with my brother.
  • And I have to mention the number of Monster Mashes that took place and all the shenanigans that took place during those.

I have lots more memories but these are the ones that stand out the most. Or any memory involving the lake. Most of my childhood memories come from there.

Anyone have a memory to share?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dish said...

My best friend Tracey, who lived down the street from me, used to make mud pies all the time. The best was the day we set up a bake shop in the back of her dad's truck and spent the whole day "baking". We found out later that he had just cleaned the whole truck to get it ready to sell. ha ha. This is what happens when you have kids. ;o)

10:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... I would like to share some childhood memories but then I would be recycling the ones that u have already shared!! Holy I miss those dinky car times... and wraft wars.... I was the QUEEN!! YAY..... But the icing on the cake would be the monster mashes! But you did forget our wonderful nature hikes!!! Oh yeah and our adventures during our multiple walks to the store!!

6:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home