It's a Redhead Thing

You wouldn't understand....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Please let it be a squirrell...

So early this morning (about 1:30 a.m.) I get woken out of a deep sleep for some unknown reason. I realize I've only been asleep for a little under 2 hours and I'm annoyed that something woke me up since I had to teach this morning.

Took me 30 seconds to find out exactly WHAT woke me up.

I heard scrabbling sounds going along the wall of my bedroom that faces the courtyard. Like something scurrying along the wall. I'm thinking it's a squirrell. This gives me quite a scare because I couldn't quite tell if it was outside or not. I realize it must be outside because it runs back along the wall towards me. But then I HEAR IT DIRECTLY OVER MY HEAD!

That stopped my heart. I was beginning to think something was in my wall when it hit me that nothing in my wall could be above my head at the same time. The walls just aren't designed that way. So I feel better and realize it's probably a squirrell running along my back wall and maybe my upstairs neighbour has a cat that heard the squirrell and is trying to chase it.

Then at the office, Val tells me that some buildings do have gaps where the wall and ceilings meet so it is possible that something was in my wall and scurried up to the ceiling. (Thanks Val, thanks ever so much). This sounded like a big thing so I'm losing hope that it could have been a mouse.

I'm still maintaining my hope that it was a squirrell on the outside of my building (one of those big, grey, evil squirrells), but I'm not so sure now and I'm not sure how calmly I'll sleep tonight.

Dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home